Have you got a few medium to large builds under your belt? Up to speed on the latest tools and techniques? Ready to take on a new challenge? Great! We want to hear from you…
Tasks & Responsibilities.
Who are we looking for?
- We’re looking for a backend PHP developer with a solid 3-4 years of development experience to work with us on upcoming mobile and web projects.
- You will be part of our multi-skilled development team and will be expected to pick up a brief and architect from scratch.
- You should be a natural problem solver with good communication skills.
- You should be passionately interested in new technologies and techniques, and strive to keep learning and improving.
WHAT WE NEED
- It is essential that you are extremely confident with PHP 5 and above (PHP 7.1 beneficial), relational database technologies (e.g. MySQL) and architecting REST APIs. Knowledge of the Symfony Framework is also a must.
- Version control (GIT and GIT workflow).
- Experience unit testing with PHPUnit.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of NIX based operating systems and web server technologies.
- Experience with alternative PHP frameworks (e.g. Laravel).
- Understanding of Amazon AWS infrastructure.
- Knowledge of server-side video rendering and compositing.
- Knowledge of non-relational database technologies.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Relaxed working environment
- Frequent social gatherings (weekly)
- Weekly food shopping delivery (free snacks and cereal)
- Company pension scheme
- You’ll get a work MacBook (or something else if you prefer)
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Excellent career growth
- You’ll always be encouraged to learn new technologies, we never like to get tied down with one stack.